Friday, July 2, 2010

My Lucky Day

When I got to the gym this morning I saw a penny on the ground and thought:
Find a penny, pick it up
All the day you'll have good luck!

yeah, right.
.....good luck!

When I got to the Spin Class all the bikes were taken so I went in the pool; the water was so warm it was difficult to work out.

I didn't know this until I returned home but we lost power for a moment during the night. That explained why I overslept and didn't get a bike for the class.

I had to reset the microwave and bedroom clocks.

Normally I just let my dog out the back door; this weekend we are dog-sitting a dog that needs boundaries, i.e., a fenced yard. While walking the little pooch I stepped in "something"; had to hose off the bottom of my shoe.

Any extra time I had this morning was making me late for work.

Expecting to be the only one in the office today I was looking forward to playing the radio a little louder and getting caught up. My alone time lasted until about 8:02, the receptionist decided not to take a vacation day. I thought I talked a lot; she has me beat hands down. I was able to sneak away when someone else walked in and she started her story all over again.

Because of the power failure the internet was out and I got two phone calls from home about it. My advice was just call the cable company; I knew full well all they would have to do was unplug everything for a reset. If this were the first time I would have just mentioned that .......

A customer came by unexpected and aiming to please, I met with her. During our conversation I suddenly got a dry spot in my throat that coughing wouldn't relieve. There I sat choking, eyes tearing and voice sounding like I was sucking in helium.

Fortunately, at the end of the day I didn't get to the parking lot when I realized my car keys were still on my desk. Unfortunately, my office is about a block and a half from the back door.

I broke a finger nail when the door slipped out of my hand.

After work I ran; then ran into a couple of neighbor friends. After chatting for thirty minutes I began to get stiff from not stretching right away.

I walked the rest of the way home and saw a shiny penny on the street. I left it there.

3 comments:

  1. Bobbie! I think I was your friend who kept you from stretching. Love your blog.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Bails could help you with this. Side note: You are only supposed to pick up a penny if it's Heads-side up... Most likely your day was brought to you by Tails. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie, this is your receptionist. I do not talk very much. No, I don't. Really, I'm not kidding. I do not. Nope, nope.

    ReplyDelete